Monday, March 7, 2011

One Day Closer

Three times is a charm?  I hope so!!  I've lost my post twice now.  


Today as I woke up and facing my full to do list, I found I just couldn't focus,  didn't want to do anything -- in fact here it is now 3 pm and I'm still in my nightgown ... it doesn't help that I've been working at posting my poem since this morning.  Haven't even eaten yet.  I realized that it was 8 months ago to today that Jesse passed away.  No wonder -- it's so strange how these days effect me.  Even if I don't "remember"  it seems there is always some part of me that does remember.   


As I was reflecting once again on time being the enemy a poem popped into my head.  Another gift -- that's what it feels like when a poem comes the way the poem today did ... first with the title and then as I write it just seems to flow, the words and ideas come.  The Poem I wrote today is One Day Closer --  It reminded me of,  and reread two poems I wrote back in August.  I'll share those first to keep the flow. 


First I'll share the poem "Time" that I wrote Aug 2, 2010


Time

The healer
and the enemy.

How long have you been gone...
Away from us, 
those who mark time,
First in minuets, 
then hours and days ...
until finally 
months and years
have gone by. 
And you ~
here ~ in our minds,
age 16, July 2010
Illusions of time,
making events,
birthdays,
that leave their mark on us
Those, still here
more wrinkles and grey hair
more babies born
as once you were
I see you in them now,
I cherish the memories 
of caresses
holding my elbow ;) 
once annoying
Time
leaving you
unaged ~ unchanged
Now
timeless experiences
of you, the real you,
the timeless
unchangeable you.
Given to our timeless 
unchangeable love,
Love Eternal
Here we are
the timeless 
in mortality and time
Until we join
once again
in timlessness

(c) Elizabeth M Allen
August 2, 2010

Part One ... I'll post this in three parts ... just to be safe. :)  







No comments:

Post a Comment