Sunday, November 7, 2010

4 months ago --

It was 4 months ago today -- that Jesse died -- I think of him all the time and some days are just a little harder.
I shared the videos that Vania, Jace and Glenna made of Jesse, I love to share in that way.  I'll put links to them here ... when I figure that out.

I'm here in California with the Salem Hills HS debate team. Jesse was on the debate team last year.  I think part of the reason I'm here is because Jesse was on the debate team.  I find that when those monthly anniversary's come around it is hard not to think about what was happening -- 4 months ago.  Why do we do that to ourselves?  Is it doing our best to stay connected somehow?  I love watching the videos of Jesse.  In fact Collette that I shared the videos with said that her husband said that our memories are roses in December.  Our memories are what we still have with us, of our loved one who is no longer here in the flesh.  We share and we cry together.  It is just part of the whole grieving process.  It is part of life -- a part of life we do our best to avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment